DIY Cute Striped Paper Ornament tutorial – Step by step
This tutorial is special for Christmas or room decoration, learn how to make striped paper ornament (circus spaceship) for decorating, and it’s easy and fun to make.
- Regular paper (two different colors)
- Needle & thread
- Two beads
- Cut the paper into strips that are 3.5″ long and 0.5″ wide (9 strips of each color) and two 0.75″ circles. Tracing around a penny works nicely.
- Fold the paper strips in half.
- String a bead onto a length of thread. Then push both ends of thread through the needle so the thread is doubled.
- Poke the needle through one of the circles to string it next to the bead. Then string on all the paper strips near one end, alternating colors.
- After all the paper strips are added, begin threading the opposite ends onto the string. Continue threading on the paper strips in order. They’ll naturally begin to fan out as you go.
- Add the second paper circle.
- Pull the needle off the thread. Feed the bead onto one of the loose ends of thread, then tie both ends of thread in a knot to hold the bead on next to the circle. Tie off a loop and hang ornament (spaceship).