DIY Tissue Paper Carnations Tutorial – Step by step
This tutorial shows how to make DIY Tissue Paper Carnations. Who’d have thought you could easily make such pretty and realistic carnations from tissue paper?! As well as beautiful decorations or gifts, these are perfect for weddings: make everlasting boutonnieres, table decorations and even bridal bouquets, and keep your wedding flowers forever as a memento of your special day.
Tissue Paper Carnations! Below is a full view of the flowers – aren’t they lovely?
- Tissues (I use three per flower. The more you use the fluffier the flower)
- Markers (any color that goes with your theme or occasion)
- Bobby pins
- Floral tape
- Bare stems from the $ store
- Layer tissues on top of each other
- Fold them accordion style
- Put a bobby pin in the center
- Cut off the ends. The less you cut off the bigger the flower, just depends on the size you want.
- Take a marker and color the ends
- From the top, pull each layer apart, towards the center, and do this all the way down to the bottom on each side.
To add a little pizzazz to the flower, you can get those bare stems from any fake flower and attach it to your tissue flowers, using your green floral tape to wrap around your bobby pin and the stem.
Note: You can make those flowers not only in any color, but any color combination. Have fun with them!
Hope you like this tutorial.